General membership mtg
Ronald McDonald house cook
General membership mtg.
Family Rosary program
Family Rosary program
(Rosary said before all weekend Masses)
Brother Knights of Council 13451, please pray for the souls of the following deceased: Irene Hutton, Alexander Joseph Meyer, Ariana Grace Morales, Margaret Bowman and the following deceased brother Knights of our council: Larry Fulton, Joe Capp, Gene Wadiak, Francis Mulvenna, John Flora, Ed Vetter, Jim Gawthrop, Jim Cunningham, Mike Fierras, Ray Klinovsky and Alex Sitar.
Please keep in your prayers the Quinliven family. Bob's mother passed .
Eternal Rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light rest upon them.
Please Pray for the following Knights and their families: PGK and DD Sunny Hirsch, PGK and Advocate Allen Hilbert and his wife Joan Hilbert, Tom Jubon, Joe Poli, PGK John Henry, Walter Bilski, Richard Harnish, Lori Gallton, Joe Meyer, Frank & Trudy Kuserk, Anne Montgomery, Michelle Lussiere, Insurance agent Greg Fitzpatrick, Robert Mazzeo, Bishop Ronald Gainer, Leon Hutton, Mike McHenry and Menno Krisanoski.
Keep Fr. John in your prayers, he is currently living in Chambersburg. His address is 489 E. Washington St., Chambersburg, PA 17201.
New Holland Knights
Our council is proud to have received the Columbian and the Fr. McGivney awards from Supreme last year.
The New Holland Knights donate time/funds to the following groups and charities:
The New Holland Knights sponsor youth projects:
- Ronald McDonald house; cooking breakfast for families of hospitalized children in Hershey
- Right to Life: March for Life, A Womens Concern, Baby Bottle funraiser
- RSVP program; support for a seminarian studying for the Priesthood
- Our Lady of Lourdes parish and parishioners needs
- Our Lady of Lourdes youth group, Crossfire
- Special Olympics
- Sanctity of Marriage
- Wreaths Across America in the fall
- ARC: 2 fundraisers a year; all funds raised go to the ARC of Lancaster County
The New Holland Knights sponsor fund raising projects:
- The Soccer Challenge in the fall
- Free Throw Contest in the winter
- A Scholarship program for parish youth
- Participate with Crossfire (church youth group) at the Children's Christmas party
- Summer Chicken BBQ
- A food booth at the New Holland borough Christmas on Main event.
- Parish Omelete/Pancake breakfasts
History of the Knights
Click here for a history of the Knights of Columbus founded in 1882 by Fr. Michael J. McGivney.
Listed below is the structure of the Knights:
Supreme Council Office
The Knights of Columbus international headquarters is located in New Haven, Connecticut. Led by the Supreme Knight, the chief executive officer of the Knights, the office provides administrative support and leadership for our more than 14,000 local units.
The Supreme Council has more than 75 state council organizations to help guide regional activities that are consistent with the principles of the Order.
Each state council is divided into districts - groupings of several local councils.
Local councils are the basic unit of the Knights. Most are based in parishes, though some have their own council hall within a community. Each local council works to assist with the needs of its community consistent with the principles of the Order.
Every council is assigned a certified insurance agent, who is a Knight, and whose job it is to provide our top-rated products focused on the financial needs of members' families.