Our Lady of Lourdes
New Holland, PA
Parish picnic (rain date)
General membership mtg
Italian supper (tentative)
General membership mtg
Brother Knights of Council 13451, please pray for the souls of the following deceased: Luis Enrique Morales Sr. (grandfather of GK Luis Morales), Pamela Fillman (daughter of PGK Joe and Celia Poli), Irene Hutton, Alexander Joseph Meyer, Ariana Grace Morales, Margaret Bowman.
Also pray for the following deceased brother Knights of our council: Larry Fulton, Joe Capp, Gene Wadiak, Francis Mulvenna, John Flora, Ed Vetter, Jim Gawthrop, Jim Cunningham, Mike Fierras, Ray Klinovsky and Alex Sitar.
Eternal Rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light rest upon them.
Please pray for our brother Knights and their families who are ill. Your prayers are gratefully appreciated.
Remember brother Knights who are unable to attend meetings: Leon Hutton, Mike McHenry, Menno Krisanosk and Richard Harnish.
Please remember to keep Bishop Ronald Gainer and our Pastor Fr. Walter Guzmon in your prayers and former pastors:
- Fr. John Schmalhofer currently living in Chambersburg at 489 E. Washington St., 17201.
- Fr. Pat McGarrity resides at the St. Clements Mission house in Ephrata.
- Fr. Pang Tcheou is pastor at Mary Mother of the Church in Mt. Joy.
New Holland Knights
The Knights of Columbus was founded in 1882, by Father Michael McGivney, a priest at St. Mary's Church in New Haven, Conn.
With charity as our first principle, the Our Lady of Lourdes Knights, in 2017, donated more than 1,679 hours of service to parish and community charitable causes.
The New Holland Knights donate time/funds to the following groups and charities:
The New Holland Knights sponsor youth projects:
- Ronald McDonald house
- Right to Life: March for Life, A Womens Concern, Baby Bottle funraiser
- RSVP program; support for a seminarian studying for the Priesthood
- Our Lady of Lourdes parish and parishioners needs
- Our Lady of Lourdes youth group, Crossfire
- Special Olympics
- Sanctity of Marriage
- Wreaths Across America
- ARC: all funds raised go to the ARC of Lancaster County
The New Holland Knights sponsor fund raising projects:
- The Soccer Challenge in the fall
- Free Throw Contest in the winter
- A Scholarship program for parish youth
- Participate with Crossfire (church youth group) at the Children's Christmas party
- Summer Chicken BBQ
- A food booth at the New Holland borough Christmas on Main event.
- Parish Omelete/Pancake breakfasts
History of the Knights
Click here for a history of the Knights of Columbus founded in 1882 by Fr. Michael J. McGivney.
Listed below is the structure of the Knights:
Supreme Council Office
The Knights of Columbus international headquarters is located in New Haven, Connecticut. Led by the Supreme Knight, the chief executive officer of the Knights, the office provides administrative support and leadership for our more than 14,000 local units.
The Supreme Council has more than 75 state council organizations to help guide regional activities that are consistent with the principles of the Order.
Each state council is divided into districts - groupings of several local councils.
Local councils are the basic unit of the Knights. Most are based in parishes, though some have their own council hall within a community. Each local council works to assist with the needs of its community consistent with the principles of the Order.
Every council is assigned a certified insurance agent, who is a Knight, and whose job it is to provide our top-rated products focused on the financial needs of members' families.